The Vision Statement for DuBois Regional Medical Center serves as the basis for the Patient Services Philosophy. In keeping with the key elements of the Vision Statement, the Patient Services Philosophy provides the following framework for patient care delivery and professional practice:
Promoting Customer Service Excellence to Patients and Families
The delivery of safe, appropriate, quality care to patients and families is the top priority for all members of the health care team. Support of patient rights is at the heart of care delivery, allowing for patients/families to choose the level and intensity of their care and for them to assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating their care to the extent of their ability. They have a right and responsibility to participate in self-care to the extent possible.
Providing an environment of customer service excellence in all aspects of care and service is an integral part of each Patient Services employee's work responsibility. This includes (and is not limited to) assessing, anticipating, and meeting patient/family needs; providing quality care and service in a timely manner; protecting privacy and confidentiality; creating a culture of patient safety; performing service recovery when patient/family expectations are not met; and fostering an environment where patients and family are treated with respect, dignity, compassion, and responsiveness.
Promoting Premier Employer Practice Environment
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes a premier professional practice environment, resulting in successful recruitment and retention of health care workers at all levels of responsibility. We foster collegial work relationships rooted in mutual respect and dignity for each other, personal and professional growth, clear performance expectations and goals, effective responsive leadership, and an environment of celebration to reward and recognize personal, team, and organizational accomplishments.
Promoting Accountability and Goal Achievement
We believe that accountability to create and accomplish the goals necessary to advance the organization's strategic plan is a critical factor in our overall success. The leaders and health care team members within the Patient Services departments have significant impact on the accomplishment of these goals through:
- Delivery of high quality clinical care and customer service excellence
- Fiscal accountability to use and manage resources cost effectively
- Professional practice that promotes ongoing competence and growth
- Creating a culture of patient and co-worker safety by practicing safety standards and seeking ongoing improvements to advance safety
- Embracing a personal work ethic where respect and dignity for others is evident in all we do
It is our belief that the focus on creating an excellent patient care environment, becoming a premier health care employer in our region, and fostering accountability and goal achievement will be the key foundation elements of a successful Patient Services Department and organization.
Patient Services Vision in Action
- Focus on Caring For Patients and Families is Job #1
- Co-workers Are Our #1 Organizational Asset
- Leaders Are Advocates For Quality Care / Customer Service Excellence And Are Chief Retention Officers
- Our Culture Promotes Respect and Dignity For All
- Personal And Professional Growth Is Valued
- Community Service Is A Way Of Life