Obstetrics and Gynecology
Four highly-skilled obstetric and gynecologic physicians practice at DuBois Regional Medical Center. Along with using the specialized operating suites in the maternity department for cesarean sections, they also perform gynecological surgeries in DRMC's general operating rooms on the fourth floor of DRMC West.
Typical procedures performed by the OB/GYNs include:
- Laproscopic Hysterectomy
- Oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries)
- Tubal ligation
- Diagnostic laparoscopy – used to diagnose and treat sources of pelvic and abdominal pain
- Exploratory laparotomy – may be used to investigate the level of progression of benign or malignant disease, or to assess and repair damage to the pelvic organs.
- Various surgical treatments for urinary incontinence
- Surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse
- Cervical Excision Procedures (including cryosurgery) – removal of the surface of the cervix containing pre-cancerous
- cells which have been previously identified on Pap smear